An unusual variety of viburnum, the delightful, pink-flushed buds of 'Eskimo' open from mid spring to reveal pure white flowers in dense, snowball-shaped, mophead clusters. These contrast beautifully with the semi-evergreen leaves that clothe the plants for most of the year. Lightly fragrant when in bloom, the compact size of this pretty garden shrub makes it an ideal candidate for containers so that you can move it around your garden or patio to fully enjoy its scent. The gorgeous blooms are followed by red fruits that gradually turn black and the glossy, dark green will transition through red, orange and yellow in a kaleidoscope of colour in the autumn giving you months of garden interest. Eskimo makes a truly spectacular addition to your garden and will more than earn its keep! Fashioned by our expert growers into a beautiful standard tree with a lollipop head, Eskimo is ideal in sunny beds and borders where it will create a striking feature tree. Perfect for pots on your patio, it's incredibly easy to care for - prune to size just once a year in early spring, they are also totally winter hardy anywhere in the UK! Fully deserving its coveted RHS Award of Garden Merit, you can be sure that this viburnum is a proven garden performer, guaranteed to be suitable for UK gardeners at every level of experience. You can therefore plant this in the garden with confidence, for stunning displays for many years to come. Supplied as an established standard plant in a 3L pot, ready for immediate planting.
Viburnum 'Eskimo' is a hardy plant that can grow well in the UK climate. Here are some tips for caring for your Viburnum 'Eskimo' in the UK:
1. Location: Viburnum 'Eskimo' prefers full sun to partial shade. In the UK, it is best to plant it in a location that receives some sun but is protected from strong winds.
2. Soil: Viburnum 'Eskimo' prefers moist, but well-draining soil. In the UK, it is important to ensure that the soil is not waterlogged, especially during the winter months.
3. Watering: Water your Viburnum 'Eskimo' regularly, especially during dry spells. However, be careful not to overwater the plant, as this can lead to root rot.
4. Pruning: Viburnum 'Eskimo' can benefit from pruning in the spring or summer to maintain its shape and encourage new growth. However, avoid pruning in the winter, as this can damage the plant.
5. Fertilizer: Viburnum 'Eskimo' does not require regular fertilization, but you can feed it with a slow-release fertilizer in the spring if desired.
By following these tips, you can help your Viburnum 'Eskimo' thrive in the UK climate and enjoy its beautiful foliage and flowers for years to come.